6.05.2008

A Beaded Blessing

As I shared in a previous post, Food for the Hungry in coordination with The Nehemiah Center provides training and expertise in helping Nicaraguan communities establish home-based businesses. One fledgling venture is a jewelry making business in the community of El Limonal.


A couple of weeks ago, I was in one of my favorite beading stores here in Sacramento, U Bead It!, and I shared with the manager, Yvonne, about our upcoming mission trip to Nicaragua and about the beading group. She immediately offered to donate a bunch of beads, tools and supplies to the cause!

I also went through my vast stash of jewelry magazines, beads, tools and such, to add to what Yvonne donated.


Thank you Yvone and the staff at U Bead It! for your generous donation.

If you're in the area, please pop into the store and have a look around. They have a lot of wonderful beads and supplies, along with classes, kits and ready made jewelry. I could literally spend hours there - and I have!

U Bead It!

2525 Yorktown Avenue

(off Watt & El Camino)

Sacramento, CA 95821

(916) 488-2323

No comments: